GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply, to the exclusion of any other provision, to any registration of a participant (the “Participant”) in a Forum or training (an “Event”) organised by PKD Conseil.
The fact of registering for an online event implies unreserved acceptance, in their entirety, of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
REGISTRATION, PRICES AND PAYMENT
Prices are established in CFA francs, converted into euros, dollars or Rwandan francs and are already increased by the current VAT rate and are subject to change by PKD Conseil.
THE PARTICIPATION FEE FOR THE FORUM REPATS IS INCLUDED:
– access to the Forum Repats which will take place from Tuesday 12 to Saturday 16 October 2021 in Kigali, Rwanda.
– technical support by our team of consultants specialised in Corporate Investment in Africa.
– the production, by our partner Elephant Africa, of a film presenting your company which will be screened during the Forum.
– an economy class airline ticket.
– the administrative management of your trip (visa, travel insurance)
– accommodation in a 5-star hotel or a 3-star hotel. – the provision of a vehicle for travel.
– the assistance of our interpreters to facilitate your exchanges with the diaspora and participating companies.
– moderation of or participation in thematic conferences
– the organisation of B to B business meetings.
– full meal during the 5 days of the Forum.
– participation in the Forum’s Closing Gala (PKD Awards).
– Pan-African and international media communication before, during and after the forum.
– the organisation of visits to companies and tourist sites.
THE COST OF PARTICIPATION IN THE TRAINING COURSE UNDERTAKEN IS INCLUDED:
– your participation in the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training.
– putting you in touch with potential technical and financial partners within the framework of your project.
– the availability of the PKD World network of law firms.
– access to the lunch buffet.
– the delivery of a certificate of participation.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTICIPANT
Registration with PKD Conseil law firm implies acceptance of the following conditions:
- each registration is valid only for the event mentioned therein and cannot be accepted for any other event.
- The Participant will receive a badge in the purchase confirmation e-mail. The access badge is personal, non-transferable and must be worn for the duration of the event. The organiser reserves the right to carry out an identity check during the event to ensure that it corresponds to the identity of the badge holder.
- The Participant undertakes to respect the rules posted inside the event venue. PKD Conseil law firm reserves the right to refuse participation in the event to anyone who does not respect this commitment.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
The Participant has a right of withdrawal which he may exercise within a period of 14 calendar days from the confirmation of the order, without having to give a reason. It will no longer be possible to exercise the right of withdrawal 14 calendar days before the start of the Forum.
The Participant who wishes to make use of this right of withdrawal must notify it, within the legal deadlines indicated above, by returning the standard form attached at the end of these general terms and conditions of sale, as well as a Statement of Bank Identity by post with acknowledgement of receipt to the organiser of the Forum, to the address of Cabinet PKD Conseil corresponding to the area where the company is located (Africa, Asia, Europe, America) or to the area where the individual lives, or by e-mail with acknowledgement of receipt. The participation fee will then be refunded, if collected, within a maximum of 14 days.
The information collected from the commitment or registration form is subject to computer processing intended for PKD Conseil, for the following purpose(s): Follow-up of registration for the Forum and/or the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training course.
In accordance with the Ivorian law n°2013- 450 of 19 June 2013 relating to the protection of personal data, you have the right to access and rectify any information concerning you.
The information collected may be used to keep you informed of the various events initiated by the organisers of the Forum des Repats and the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training course.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – IMAGE RIGHTS
The Participant shall refrain from using the content of the interventions presented during the Forum and the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training for any reason whatsoever.
Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication, in whole or in part, of the contents of the interventions presented during the Forum and the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training course are strictly prohibited, whatever the process and medium used.
The Participant is informed that PKD Conseil may be asked to take photographs and/or make films within the framework of the Forum or the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training course.
Unless expressly stated otherwise by the Participant, the Participant authorises PKD Conseil to photograph or film him/her within the framework of the Forum or the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” training and to disseminate and reproduce these images on all media, as part of the communication on the event.
The comments made by the speakers during the event are their sole responsibility. It is the responsibility of the Participants to verify the relevance of the opinions/recommendations made by the speakers.
Cabinet PKD Conseil shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the information disseminated or the presentations made during the event.
REPROGRAMMING OR MODIFICATION
The organiser of the “Entrepreneurship in Africa” Repatriation and Training Forum reserves the right to reschedule the holding of the Forum and/or training, to change the venue, the content of the programme or to replace a speaker, if circumstances beyond its control oblige it to do so, without this entitling it to any compensation or refund.
In the event that, once the above-mentioned withdrawal period has expired, the Participant wishes to cancel his participation in the event, he must notify PKD Conseil of his location area for companies or his residential area for individuals as soon as possible. Any cancellation of registration must be notified in writing by registered letter to the organiser of the Forum and training, to the address of PKD Conseil corresponding to the area where the company is based (Africa, Asia, Europe, America) or to the area where the individual lives, or by e-mail with acknowledgement of receipt.
The applicant must enclose a bank statement for the reimbursement of participation fees.
In this case, and unless its request falls within the scope of the right of withdrawal provided for above in the general terms and conditions of sale, PKD Conseil will proceed to the refund according to the following conditions:
- more than 30 calendar days before the Forum, reimbursement of 50% of the participation fee within 30 days after the event.
- 30 calendar days before the Forum, the full registration fee will be due. No refunds are possible.
- In case of absence of the Forum Participant, no refund will be made.
DROIT APPLICABLE – ATTRIBUTION DE COMPÉTENCE
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the operations arising therefrom are governed by and subject to Ivorian law.
In the event of a disagreement, an amicable agreement to be negotiated will be favoured in order to avoid resorting to legal proceedings as a last resort.
If, however, legal action cannot be avoided, the competent court will be the Commercial Court of Abidjan.
STANDARD WITHDRAWAL FORM
For the attention of PKD Conseil [address according to the area where the company is based (Africa, Asia, Europe, America) or where the individual lives].
I/we (*) hereby notify you (*) of my/our (*) withdrawal from the contract for the sale of goods (*) / for the provision of services (*) below:
Ordered on (*) / received on (*) :
Name of the consumer(s) :
Address of the consumer(s) :
Signature of the consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
(*) Delete as appropriate.
Send this letter by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
Attachment : Bank Identity Statement